Sunday 23 September 2012

This Week I've Been Wearing... #1.



I thought it was about time a new feature hit gh0stparties.com, and it seemed right to post all about the products I've been wearing on a weekly basis. As a blogger who is addicted to all things beauty, it's likely that I'm trying a fair few new products each week, or delving in to my collection and finding old favourites.

The week I've been using everything from dry shampoo to cream blushers, so this is a little insight of the products I've been using daily (and nightly) this week.
I have had Timoteis Dry Shampoo for some time now but only really got round to using it this week. The vintage hair brand have made a come back recently and I'm really in to this dry shampoo. It doesn't leave any white powder or residue and my fine hair is thoroughly cleansed for the whole day! 

I've also been a fan of the pink lips, cheeks and nails recently - I pulled out my Illamasqua blush in Sob for the dreary weather and I like the subtle pop of pink on my cheeks. It goes so well with the Benefit lipgloss in Lift on the A-List - one of my favourite glosses, it's a lovely light nude pink with just that right amount of shimmer. 
Once again Essies Watermelon nail polish has been a favourite of mine, I really can't get enough of this glossy raspberry shade. I rarely paint my nails with a shade twice in a row, so this has really won me over. It goes so perfectly with my lip colour of choice at the moment, the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in Aphrodite Scarlet. I love how easy this makes wearing red lipstick, it's such a glossy shade that works for everyone. 

I came across an old favourite of mine in this L'Oreal Touche Magique concealer. I bought the wrong shade some time ago but as it turns out, this works so well for under eyes. I've swapped all my high end under eye products for this inexpensive concealer which covers all! 

Lastly, serums have been a big part of my week as you can see! I love this Ojon hair serum on damp hair to keep it in check, my hair really feels so much healthier after using this and it's one I think I'll be using a lot over the coming months.  
As for skincare, two of my favourite skincare brands have been top of my most used list. I only have a few samples of this Aesop serum but it does amazing things to my skin and I can tell it's going to be great for keeping my skin hydrated during the colder months.
Along with this, Antipodes Brightening and Correcting serum is working wonders on my blemish prone skin to fade dark marks and keep my skin looking healthy. I love everything I try from Antipodes, and this serum is no exception.

What do you think of my products this week? 


YouTube - Instagram - Facebook - Bloglovin' - Twitter

Looking for a review? You might find it in my product directory!

22 comments:

  1. the timotei dry shampoo sounds so good, i stopped using dry shampoo because of the whiteish residue it leaves ! essie watermelon looks absolutely beautiful ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those products look great! Especially the rouge caresse! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink really suits you, I'm glad you wear it often :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Essie nail polish looks gorgeous!

    xx,diamondinrouge.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Rouge Caresse looks gorgeous, and wow i love that Essie nail polish :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graet post ! Love the colour of the essie polish :)

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued by the Timotei Dry Shampoo, all others leave that yucky white residue in my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this new feature Kate! Looking forward to reading more :)

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Essie's Watermelon - such a lovely color! xx
    bohoglow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. dry shampoo is a life saver! I wish we had that brand in the US. Essie Watermelon is such a pretty color!
    xx
    Rebecca @ trbcca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you say the antipodes serum works better on fading marks than alpha h liquid gold?

    Thanks :)

    http://deonnep.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nailpolish looks amazing! such a bright, happy colour. the blush looks gorgeous aswell.

    http://happiness-is-in-the-little-things.blogspot.ch/2012/09/autumn-winter-nail-polish-picks-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've been looking for a good under eye concealer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great products of the week! i need to get myself something by illamasqua!

    http://lovelyunnecessities.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love dry shampoo, that's one constantly in my 'favourites' :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these kind of posts!! Really want to try out the Illamasqua Sob blush!

    Check out my blog :)
    http://hiddentreasure21.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo Essie Watermelon looks amazing!! :D

    www.farfromperfectionxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting! I always find dry shampoo a bit iffy because my hair is dark and it generally takes forever for the greyness to work it's way out. I really want to find a kind I like!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is a really good feature, I'm looking forward to seeing more posts! I really fancy trying the aesop serum too over winter!
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Creepiest creeper ever but I saw you out last night and really wanted to be like 'I LOVE YOUR BLOG' but I woosed out! Hope you had a good night x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Creepiest creeper ever but I saw you out last night and really wanted to be like 'I LOVE YOUR BLOG' but I woosed out! Hope you had a good night x

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a really good idea for a post! I really like the sound of the L'Oreal concealer and the dry shampoo - is it any good for volume? x

    ReplyDelete