Wednesday 12 September 2012

Review: Dior Amber Diamond Powder Shimmer.

Dior, Diorskin, Dior Amber Diamond, Dior Skin Amber Diamond highlighter, powder
Dior, Diorskin, Dior Amber Diamond, Dior Skin Amber Diamond highlighter, powder
Dior, Diorskin, Dior Amber Diamond, Dior Skin Amber Diamond highlighter, powder

Dior's Amber Diamond is probably one of the most talked about highlighters, and if you've followed my blog for a while now, you'll know that I'm all about highlighters and the glow they give my skin.
It's probably quite surprising that I didn't own Amber Diamond until a week ago, but I've been wearing it constantly ever since.

It was reported that Dior were going to discontinue the Amber Diamond and Rose Diamond Powders but apparently after some backlash, they've gone back on this decision. I'm really glad they decided to change their mind, although it was probably a bit of good PR there too as I know quite a few people rushed out to buy it when they heard it was going to be discontinued. It also drew my attention to the glowy product!

Most of my highlighters are more of a pinky toned finish, so I went for Amber Diamond as I thought it would be the perfect glowing cheek product for Autumn. I was absolutely correct as this little wonder really seems to agree with me and my skin tone, it highlights and flatters everywhere it's applied.
It's described as an "all over face powder" so it can be used anywhere on the face to give you a subtle but brilliant radiant finish. I usually apply it to my cheeks (as in the above pictures) and occasionally down my nose, also.

It's a little bit pricey for what it is, but I think it's one of those products that everyone must own. You only need a small amount so I have no doubts that this will last me some time. I know I'll eventually add the Rose Diamond to my collection also!

What do you think of Amber Diamond?


YouTube - Instagram - Facebook - Bloglovin' - Twitter



32 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful. I've yet to be tempted to buy it but I'm definitely losing my resolve x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like Elizabeth Olsen here. You're very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely on you! I'm not really one for highlighters, but you've really tempted me with this! So priddy :)

    indiansummeronline.blogspot.com X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to pick this up for a very long time, but there always seems to be something else that I want more. I may just need to go ahead and grab it up now though ;)
    bohoglow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes your skin look so radiant and lovely! If only I had the money I would be purchasing this right now. You look stunning girly!xo

    hhhxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely, if I could afford it, I so would aha:)

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really beautiful on your skin! I always see Tanya Burr on Youtube talking about it and I've wanted it ever since. I want it even more now xx

    http://beautyandablogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a really great face powder, though a bit expensive. But that's Dior for you, good quality for high price :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing on you - I think I'll pop this on my Christmas list! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so gorgeous! Going to get the Amber and Rose Diamond highlighters when I'm in New York :)

    Emily x


    http://emilyx0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, i think every girls wants this in their life!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so stunning on you! I love the range of colours in the pan, it gives such a lovely glow :)

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks gorgeous! Its been everywhere lately but I haven't seen it on the skin too much - it definitely lives up to the hype! The colours are beautiful :)

    http://theconfectionmonsoon.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Makes you look radiant! I might have to go to the store and do swatches on my skin! I love metallics
    x

    http://thealmightyfashionista.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look gorgeous! xx

    www.ajumpinmargaaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this one and almost use it everyday! I love it, it give you such a natural but visible glow. It's very expensive but everyone should treat themselves once in a while or be treated ofcourse!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need this or the Rose in my life looks beautiful, I have a Debenhams voucher so will definitely treat myself

    ReplyDelete
  18. It makes me so sad that I can't afford this, it looks so stunning! x

    http://conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty colour! xx


    http://freethinkerteadrinker.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. it looks beautiful! every time I see Tanya Burr talk about it I really want it hehe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. such a pretty highlighter ! definitely need to check how much it is in duty free ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I JUST bought my Amber Diamond today!! I got mine at John Lewis because they're having a price match event! I really cant wait to use it now, it's one of those things though where you're scared to touch it because it's so pretty and expensive, but you want to use it really badly at the same time haha! I really want the rose one now too, maybe I'll wait for the next event...haha!
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this on you and need to get my hands on it! x
    blondeblair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. need. need. need. need. need. need.

    you've just persuaded me!! It looks like PERFECTION in a case. :O

    http://www.beautyblogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kate, I am tinged green with envy at how flawless your skin looks as well as your ever growing blush and highlight collection! One can only dream! I really like the look of Amber Diamond as it's not too in your face but I'm just a bit wary of the price tag! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really want this, it's a beautiful product!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really wish people would stop reviewing this, I NEED THIS! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this product!!

    hiddentreasure21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete