Tuesday 11 September 2012

How To: Neat, Arched Brows.



HD Brows Tweezers - £19.96 *

My look only comes together once I've filled in my brows, although I don't do much to them. I usually do my eyebrows last, and I find they really frame my face and my makeup falls in to place after they're finished. 

I usually get my eyebrows waxed every couple of months to make sure the shape is accurate and done by someone who knows. In-between waxes I use the HD Brows Precision Tweezers, they are so accurate and keep my brows the right shape and really neat.

On a daily basis, I reach for the HD Brows Brow Beater, a product which shapes the brows and sets them in place (over time helping to tame unruly brows in the long run too). I find this step is really important in getting a good shape and keeping the arch shape that I like. This dries and keeps my brows looking neat and tidy for the day ahead.

I usually get them a quick brush through with my Real Techniques Brow Groomer, or any sort of brow comb, before using the Laura Mercier Brow Pencil to fill in.
I went for Soft Brunette in the brow pencil, but obviously get a shade that matches your brows. I don't like mine dark, just the right shade to match my hair colour. I carefully follow my natural brow shape and just dense out the brow and make it more defined. I don't like over the top brows and find a brow pencil gives a natural shape without being too dark or looking fake and drawn on. 

Once I'm happy with the filling in process, I give them another quick comb through with the brow brush and they're done. 
I've been using this technique for the last year now, and I love how defined yet natural my brows look. I'm looking to try some of the Anastasia products, but at the moment I'm really happy with the way my brows look and the products I'm using. 

What are your brow favourites? 

YouTube - Instagram - Facebook - Bloglovin' - Twitter

19 comments:

  1. I need all these products in my life! My eyebrows always seem to have a mind of their own lol

    indiansummeronline.blogspot.com X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brows look amazing!

    I'm having a giveaway at Sophie Rose Beauty Blog, make sure to check it out! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try some of the HD brows collection!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brows are so perfect!! I wish I had brows like yours. x

    http://catsandclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little tutorial, I never used to think of my eyebrows as part of my make-up look now I wouldn't dream of not paying attention to them!

    http://lilylovelock.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your brows are so great! :) I'm still on a hunt for a perfect eyebrow pencil/powder!

    Biancarosa
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - brows are so important to frame the face and yours always look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brows look amazIng! My holy grail tweezers are my tweezermans!!! :p x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shape of your eyebrows :) Great post !

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use the HD Brows tweezers and palette, I agree that good eyebrows are a must! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your brows are perfect!

    viedelara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, i need all these products. I also find that after i do my brows, i look 'done'.

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your brows look perfect but very natural, which I love. I've just been filling in mine with Buck (Naked palette) and running some clear brow gel through them. I'm never ever getting them waxed by a 'professional'. Last time my eyebrows were so overplucked I looked like someone from the 1920's. Not a good luck, trust me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. your brows are so neat ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post... I love the Anastasia brow gel!

    x Ellie
    http://ellalogy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have awful unruly brows with hair that grows in all directions, te only way for them to look somewhat regular is to shape drastically and fill them in.
    Great post.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing look
    www.en-vogue.co.uk
    NOW FREE DELIVERY

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've got the HD brow beater too, and I really love it. I find it helps my brows a lot as one tends to be very out of shape in the morning!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have serious brow envy, I wish like yours Kate. I really need to get my but in gear and get them done professionally. :-)

    ReplyDelete