Wednesday 30 November 2011

Recent Purchases.





A few recent buys, including this amazing Topshop Studded Makeup Bag that I've had my eye on for a while now. I think it's quite a good size for carting around what you need daily in your handbag. It will also go very well with the Mulberry bag I'm after! 

I'm on a bit of a mission at the moment, I really want to get out of the habit of washing my hair each day! I hate the feeling of unwashed hair, but I think I'm just going to have to deal with it as my hair sits so much better when I've not washed it. I bought some Batiste dry shampoo and a new Tangle Teezer to help me do it... hopefully over time it won't need to be washed every day.
The Tangle Teezer has been on my wishlist for a while now, and I'm really impressed with it. My hair doesn't really get massively knotted but sometimes in the mornings I do end up being hard on it and probably causing quite a lot of damage. This is a breeze to use, it flows through hair so easily!

The Rimmel Stay Matte powder has been a favourite of mine for the last few months. If you haven't purchased this already, you absolutely must! I use this far more than any other powder, including my MAC MSFs. It's great to give a lovely finish and take away any shine.

Barry M has a new lip colour out, which is 154 Pale Nude. I bought this as their lipsticks are cheap and usually worth the money. I wasn't able to show you the colour, but it is very similar to MACs Creme Cup, probably slightly more on the matte side and not as good quality. The colour is nice, but I think I'll stick to the MAC version, Pale Nude looks ever so slightly dry on my lips! (Here's my post on MAC Creme Cup and Hue)

I also managed to find the new Limited Ed. Creme Brulee Vaseline, I spotted it in a Boots queue the other day. It was the first time I'd seen it so I wasted no time picking it up. It's not very different from the Cocoa Butter version they have in terms of smell, but I do like it and since it's winter, I'll probably get a fair amount of use from it. 

Finally, I picked up the Soap and Glory Fab Pore 15 Minute Facial Peel a couple of weeks ago after hearing good things about it. It's a clay-based mask with exfoliating particles, ideal for problem skin. It's a great mask, although I'm not sure it does anything for my pores. My skin looks healthier after use, so I'm pleased with the results. 

27 comments:

  1. I love this make-up bag, got some Topshop vouchers left over so think I might pick this up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that make-up bag!

    I must have a faulty Stay Matte powder as mine has very little pay-off and really doesn't do anything for me! I've tried scraping the top off but that only helps for a couple of uses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want a tangle teaser and the creme brulee vasaline but I can't find it anywhere!

    I have the S&G mask, it works wonders!

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the studded bag and the new vaseline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been wanting that makeup bad for weeks now!
    I love my creme brulee vaseline and tangle teezer too :)

    lovewishesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I really want the Creme Brulee Vaseline, not seen it anywhere yet!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. the creme brulee vaseline is the best thing i've bought in ages, carry it everywhere and it smells delicious! tangle teezer is very good as well, my hair always gets matted as i need to back comb it to stop it looking so flat and the teezer works wonders! x

    befriendingskeletons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post i need to seriously get a nude lipstick that doesn't look dry or weird and washed out on my lips!

    http://bargainfashionhunter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that makeup bag purely because of its similiarity to this Alexandra Wang bag I love,

    love love LOVE black leather and gold studs! xx

    amateurartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The makeup bag is really classy! I tend to wash my hair every other day and use Batiste on the days in between. At the moment I'm only using shampoo and no conditioner, just to see if it makes any difference as my hair gets greasy really quickly D: x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely swear by my tangle teezer! They're amazing! Never thought there would be a drug store powder to choose over msf! That makeup bag is gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got that Topshop make-up bag too, I love it! :) I really want to love the new Vaseline but I lose so many tubs, I can't really justify £3 just because it's limited edition! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That make up bag is lovely! I wash my hair everyday too it's so hard to break that habit! Good luck though xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving that makeup bag; shame it's abit too big to fit in my bag with all the other "necessary crap". Would love to find a smaller similar one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beaut is that makeup bag, studs <3 really want to try the creme brulee vaseline!!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tangle teezer and batise are absolute MUST HAVES. You won't be disappointed (well done for getting the brunette no grey roots on your brown locks!) XO

    www.thestyletreaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I love the studded makeup bag! I've got the creme brulee vaseline as well, I love it and the packaging is so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought the Rimmel powder as well and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I also saw that I was buying Vaseline Creme brulee in my dream the other day, so I guess I should follow my dreams?hahaha
    Happy day!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I've not seen that Soap & Glory mask before but it looks like it might be worth a try :) I'm a little bit in love with that Topshop makeup bag - it's been on my wishlist since it was first put up on their website!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the make up bag, & Rimmel powder is my absolute beauty must have!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. dry shampoo = life saver. I really want a tangle teezer! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to try the creme brulee Vaseline but can't find it for love nor money where I live! I'm so excited to order this Topshop make-up bag, dying for a bigger one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Rimmel powder! I use it every day, it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just popped this makeup bag into my Shopping basket, I love it! :) The pictures you take are always so lovely :) I want to get a tangle teezer brush, well need one :) Bceause my hair has been dyed the ends aren't in the best condition, and need as reet good brush :)
    I adore your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad to see a picture of the studded make up bag where I can see it's actual size because I've been debating buying it from the website. So, thank you. Definitely will now!
    I don't know anyone that uses the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I've used it for years and I love it!
    I also have the Crème Brûlée Vaseline, I think I prefer this Cocoa butter one's smell but this one seems to be more shiny and stays on for longer. Jaz xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the studded make up bag ! But I find that the Batiste dry shampoo with added color leaves dark residue in my hair and then I just want to wash it ! xx

    clayandbeauty@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete