Tuesday 22 November 2011

Look Beauty Launch.








Look Beauty Range, coming to Superdrug stores. 

I was invited to attend the launch of Look magazine's beauty range last week, Look magazine is a bit special to me as it was the magazine that got me truly interested in fashion. When I left behind the countryside at 16 and moved to the city, Look magazine was my way of finding myself and really getting into fashion and thinking about what to wear. I used to buy every issue, and often still buy it now.


Look is the first magazine to launch it's own beauty line, so I was interested to see what they had to offer. At first glance, you can see the products are nicely packaged, and although the range is reasonably priced, they don't look "cheap". I think the colours, especially the nail polishes, really stand out and catch the eye. There is such a wide and varied selection of shades, which is great for a high-street (or "drug store") brand.
I think the range has a lot to offer, from swatching I can tell you the eyeshadows are incredible! Excellent quality and colour pay off, and the shades are so lovely. There are a few there that look like they could create a new generation of Naked palette.

I had a lovely night, the photobooth was really fun (we managed to fit 9 of us in!) and the gorgeous Zoe handpicked the goodie bags. She chose me some lovely things, the Double Lip Hit Lipstick and Gloss in Rose Riot has been used daily since I got it and the mascara and blushers are also fantastic. 



Overall, I'm really impressed with this brand, I think it has a great selection of products - they've covered all bases with primers, powders, eyeshadow trios and the "How To..." sets. The prices are great for the quality they offer, and I'm looking forward to doing full reviews over the coming weeks. 

11 comments:

  1. I love trying out all my new stuff! Such a good event! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to trying out these products - especially the nail polishes! x

    befriendingskeletons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blushes are quite nice, i saw them a few weekends ago in my local Superdrug. Nice pigmentation, not as much that its easy to go clown like but enough to make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloggers are going to have to stop writing about this as the more posts I read the more I need to get my hands on this stuff! Wish I had time to get down to Superdrug...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great event! And what a range. I also really got into fashion after reading Look for the first time when I was 16. I persistently nagged my mum until she gave in and subscribed to it for me ha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I'm so excited for this range, it looks beautiful especially the pigmentation of the eyeshadows and the extensive range of nail colours! This event looks so much fun

    Jade, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow everything looks really pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical upon first hearing about Look's beauty line, it seemed a little gimmick-y for a fashion magazine to be doing cosmetics, but judging by some of the posts & articles I've seen about the range, it looks pretty decent, I'm quite excited for it now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha I'm such a sucker for fun design - I would buy this for their packaging! Reminds me a bit of the drawn-on Topshop style. Will defs take a looky at their eyeshadows and nail varnishes :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I surprised at how lovely this all looks and am pleased to see good reviews, want to try some of the nail polishes, lovely colours!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete