Saturday 26 November 2011

Review: MUA Immaculate Collection Palette.









This palette was a gift from my gorgeous girl Zoe. It's a new palette from MUA, a brand which is found in Superdrug.
In all honesty, I don't often wear eye shadow. I wish I could but I always think I look a bit over done. Recently, I've been experimenting a bit more, I only ever really wear natural shades but I want to use some of the brighter colours in this palette as eyeliners by using them wet.

I've found my most favourite eyeshadow in this palette, which is surprising as I own the Urban Decay Naked palette, the Too Faced Natural Eye palette, and several Smashbox ones which all retail over £20, and yet my all time favourite eye shadows comes from a palette which costs £8 from Superdrug!
The shadow in question is the lovely pinky beige shimmery eye shadow above the white one. It's not very out there, as you can see from the bottom picture of me wearing it, it just gives a subtle shimmer to the lids which really brings out my eyes.
I usually use the white eye shadow as a highlighter around the corners of my eyes.

I'm looking forward to playing around with this palette a bit more, especially the bronze shades and more of the natural colours. I think it's one of those palettes which will really come in useful for travelling and just having to hand as it will most likely contain a few "go to" shades for everyone.

In terms of quality, I think you get more than what you pay for. I think the quality is great, I haven't experienced any fall out - and although it did crease, I didn't have primer on. I'd say it's definitely worth more than it's £8!
Next on my list is the MUA Heaven and Earth palette, I've been after this for so long!

25 comments:

  1. Loving the range of colours and textures!

    Victoria - VIPXO - http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I'm also not a huge eyeshadow wearer, I'd rather just have a bit of eyeliner and a nice lip colour on, but I might just have to get one of these!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. like you, i don't really use eyeshadows that much because i feel that sometimes i look a bit stupid but i bought the urban decay naked palette in a hope that i would experiment more and i'm getting there slowly but i think this palette is perfect! it's such a great price too so i definitely think i'll be getting this! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've still not managed to get my hands on that MUA Heaven & Earth palette - the superdrug's in Leeds are pants! But this looks like it's got plenty of neutrals, plus with it being a bit more versatile with a few bright colours I might switch my search to this instead! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both the naked palette and the heaven and earth palette and the quality of both are very good! This palette reminds me of the limited edition urban decay ones:)

    www.theitgirl44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently bought the Heaven and Earth palette and absolutely love it! Haven't touched any other eyeshadows since I got it.

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd look great using the brighter colours! Seems like a really good value palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's some stunning shades in this palette!

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a gorgeous range of colours!! They look lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks absolutely gorgeous - I'll have to put it on my Christmas List! The Heaven and Earth Palette is also really good and lives up to the hype! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks gorgeous, I've been tempted by this xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow really lovely palette, with shimmery as well as matt eyeshadow
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try this and the Heaven and Earth palette's, although I too barely use eye shadow so I'm slightly unsure about whether I should or not! x

    befriendingskeletons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a bit of an eye shadow phobe too, I'm always scared of overdosing on it and looking a bit clownish!
    Although the nude shade looks really flattering and it's a nice subtle way to add some sparkle! :)
    Addi x

    www.light0utside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just want to say that you are absolutely stunning and you skin look flawless and glowy in every photo you post <3 Anyway... I love the look of this! I really like the look of that sparkly gold colour
    xoxo
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the colour on your eyes and on your lips, what is the lipstick your wearing? xx :) leopardinleather.blogspot.com xx
    Jordan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some of those colours look amazing! I've got the heaven and earth palette and i love it so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this palette looks amazing value for money. will definitely be trying it!

    Marie x

    http://marieeeloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks amazing for just £8, will need to keep an eye out for it in Superdrug! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. what gorgeous colours, definitely on my to buy list :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been really impressed by MUA recently and LOVE the "Heaven and Earth" palette. You look gorgeous here X

    ReplyDelete
  22. i really want this! i like the mua shadows i've tried and prefer using pallettes in general so i think this would be great :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This palette is so pretty - have never tried MUA shadows before, I might have to invest!

    BTW - Your skin is FLAWLESS. So beautiful. What is your secret?!

    www.nottooshabbyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love neutrals and the Heaven and Earth palette is perfect for me but this one looks like it would suit any occasion ! I might pick it up on my next trip to the UK !

    clayandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi love, which blusher and or lipstick are you wearing in this post? x

    ReplyDelete