Monday 14 March 2011

No. 7 Hot Cloth Cleanser



Recently I bought the No.7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser because I had a £5 voucher, and because I'm absolutely in love with my Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser and I've tried The Sanctuarys version too. I'd heard mixed reviews about this cleanser, but I wanted to give it a chance because it's a bit cheaper than the Liz Earle version which I only use a couple of times a week as I feel like I'm wasting it a bit if I use it day to day. I feel like it should be kept for special occasions!
The No. 7 cleanser comes in a nice bottle, similar to the Liz Earle cleanser but the typical, simple & elegant No. 7 packaging.
The smell is gorgeous, different from the Liz Earle natural & organic fragrance, but still lovely and clean and fresh. I'm terrible at describing scents but it reminds me of lilies.
The cream isn't too thick, which makes it easy to apply to the face. The first thing I noticed about the cleanser was how soft it felt when I was applying it, it's such a creamy cleanser which quickly dissolved my makeup.
The cleanser took off ALL my makeup, which is surprising seeing as I wear so much. I usually do a quick cleanse using my Garnier cleanser after I've washed my face as it usually misses a lot of foundation deep in my pores. When I cleansed & toned after using this No. 7 product, the cotton wool was clear, no makeup remained! To me, this is really important because it shows how deep cleansing it is for all my makeup to be gone (including foundation deep in my pores).
It's good to be able to just cleanse using this product, then quickly tone and moisturise - especially at night after a days work. The last thing you want to be doing is spending an hour taking off your makeup in 10 different steps.

I'm really pleased with how much this has improved my skin, it feels so smooth and looks a lot brighter. I feel like my skin has had a really invigorating clean, and I noticed the results after just one use.
The price is also great, especially with a £5 voucher. It makes it a guilt-free product to use each day, and you get a decent amount (200ml).
I'd really recommend this for day to day use, I like the product is excellent quality and my skin is looking a lot healthier. It's also reassuring to know you can use one product to take off all your makeup & cleanse down in your pores.
I didn't expect this to live up to my expectations, but it's really impressed me and I'll definitely be purchasing it again.

What's everyones thoughts on this product?


10 comments:

  1. Sad that we don't have this here, it sounds really really nice! might get the liz earle one though! xo :)

    http://www.themilkandtea.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love, sorry, too many characters for a formspring question!

    Just saw your No.7 cleanser review. Since you've been talking about different cleansers etc on your blog I've been really interested in trying something new - I usually just use facewash and a facecloth at night, or if I'm really lazy just a face wipe! Never used the Liz Earle hot cloth (too pricey!) but v interested in this. How often would you anticipate having to wash the cloth, I always hate the idea of using something white to remove all my foundation! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that looks like one to watch out for! i too feel like i'm wasting liz earle's beautiful cleanser by using it everyday. my failsafe is boots botanics cleanser which is alright.... i'll definitely try the No.7 one now though!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @caoimhe i have 3 muslin cloths, they're pretty cheap & you can stick it in the wash and it comes out all nice again! i know what you mean though, but the makeup rinses off well with the cleanser so the cloth isn't ever really dirty, just a bit off white. hope that helps :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does sound nice.:) maybe its worth a try.
    http://dreamsareborn.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a £5 voucher too, I'm going to buy this and give it a go!

    Btw I emailed you back hun, bloody spammers!

    Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I JUST bought this, so good to know you gave it a good review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this review! I've been eyeing this up for a while now!

    www.charlottescollection.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, I've been considering this product for a while now - brand new follower here. Your blog is pretty wonderful :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey lass! I've recently discovered your blog, and am having a skincare overhaul because, frankly at the moment my routine is non existent and that's gotta change! Been reading your reviews of various bits and bobs and feel like giving this a try. Wondered if you thought it was better than the Liz Earle one? Or just better because it's a bit cheaper? Thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete