Tuesday 17 July 2012

Review: Overnight Skincare.


Origins Night-A-Mins - £33 (full size)

The evening is when I slap on my favourite skincare products for a little bit of an overnight blitz. Products always work best overnight while your body is rejuvenating and of course you're asleep so having a little extra product on won't bother you. 
There are a few products I reach for every night to give my skin a boost and to help repair and nourish overnight. Many of the above I've been using for a while now and they've always had a great affect on my skin. 

Cliniques All About Eyes is a product I've used for years - my skin is still young and I have no signs of wrinkles but I don't get as much sleep as I should so the area around my eyes can get dull, dark and puffy. All About Eyes is a great product to help cool and soothe my eyes without being too heavy. I love how refreshing this feels on my tired, sensitive eyes and it's an eye cream I can't fault. 

I've recently named Caudalies Divine Oil my product of the month (post here) - it really is such an incredible product that gives amazing results from the first use. I use this all over my body and on the ends of my hair after a shower and it makes my skin so nourished and glowing. I also use this a couple of times a week in the evening to rejuvenate my skin, leaving it soft and clearer the next day. I try and massage my face when I use this, to boost circulation. If you buy one product this month, make sure it's Divine Oil! 

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair was gifted to me by my thoughtful boyfriend. I wouldn't usually have splashed out this much for this product so it was a lovely surprise. I don't think I've stopped using this since I got it, it makes a massive difference to my skin, clearing up blemishes and helping with dark marks from scarring. This really lives up to the hype and is worth every penny. I tend to mix a bit of Divine Oil in with this serum for an extra boost. 

I was given a sample of Origins Night-A-Mins at the counter recently and it has worked wonders. As my skin is prone to blemishes/scarring and tends to look dull quickly, an overnight renewal cream like this is essential. It sloughs away dead skin cells while you sleep, leaving brighter, smoother skin when you wake up. It also helps you to sleep! This is a great product if you have dull skin, and I don't find this too heavy at all. 

Lastly, NUXE lip balm is absolutely essential if you get dry lips regularly, like me. In the words of Zoe  "I apply this before bed, and when I wake up it's STILL THERE!" - I actually never thought about this before I read that but it's true, it is still there. I'm really unsure how I coped without this as it really is one of those products that lives up to the hype!

We all know I'm obsessed with skincare, so I hope you enjoyed the products I swear by for overnight nourishment. What is your skincare routine at night? 

29 comments:

  1. I really wanna try the Estee Lauder Serum, but the price has been putting me off :/ And I absolutely agree with you on the Nuxe Lip Balm! That thing is heaven! xx

    www.merengueelimao.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently using the Origins Night a mins cream and it's amazing! I really need to buy a full sized Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using the Advanced Night Repair too, though I was terrified it would break me out, and I adore it! I wake up with such soft, smooth skin!

    Emily Wears Things
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds all fab, will have to look more into their ingredients and try some out! Ixx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I neeeeed that Nuxe lip balm in my lifeee! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've recently started to care more about skincare so found this post an interesting read! I have very oily skin that is prone to breakouts, though, so I do have to watch what I use. Thanks for these reviews!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try some origins products!

    charlottelucie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that is a really great regimen. ive been hearing lovely things about Estee's ANR and im dying to try it but im just trying to finish yp my kiehls :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the Estèe Lauder serum and reve de miel!!!! I loved this post xx

    www.ajumpinmargaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post! I've used the all about eyes for years too but prefer the original version to the rich one-love how you always get a sample at bonus time! I've just bought the Claudalie oil too after your previous review so looking forward to trying that :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all so luxurious, sounds lovely :) I really want to try the Caudalie Divine oil
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds such a luxurious products!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. really want to try all of these products! will definitely pick up the lip balm if i see it about on a good day though.

    http://studsanddreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Caudalie products I've tried, I really want to give the Divine Oil a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really wanting to give the Divine Oil a go after your review! And the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. I have quite a few acne scars so if this works then I might have to give it a go, price tag and all! x

    http://hurricanewinter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Urgh, if only I cold afford these! They all look amazing, and so cute in their packaging! I'll have to start saving. Think I'll get the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair first, could really do with trying that!
    Nat @ http://ichbinclamp.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Although they are all quite expensive, I do like the idea of giving my skin a bit of a treat overnight and It could definitely do with it!

    whatsupdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the products look and sound great! My night time skin care regime definitely needs a makeover so will be trying some of these- been thinking about the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for a while so will add it to my wish list
    Lianne x

    rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many lovely products:)

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want to try the estee lauder advanced night repair, its so expensive though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so desperate to try the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, the price definitely scares me though! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I had a routine! I just put E45 cream on my face to take my makeup off with... hmmm, think I might need to get a proper routine now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a great review on all of these products. I now want them all :)

    Jo. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've wanted to try Caudalie Divine oil for ages and after this post, I think I may have to! buy buy money.. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you have a great combo happening there! I have been umming and arrhing about the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for AGESSSS now. I think you just enabled me go for it though! xoxo from Aus
    www.keepcalmandblogaboutit.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the estee lauder night repair too. Works so well at healing. Definitely need to give the origins product a try too, sounds promising

    ReplyDelete
  27. My! I wish I have a healthy beauty regimen like yours. Posts like this really inspire me :)

    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the insight! Definitely going to try the night repair as I suffer from acne scarring around my cheeks! What would you recommend as a good spot treatment to use at night?? I need a miracle!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. this post was really interesting, I love your posts about skincare Kate! I love using heavier products at night also, especially a nice facial oil! xx

    http://www.serenarubywoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete