Monday 12 March 2012

Current Skincare Routine.








EVENING



MORNING



I change my skincare quite regularly, I've mentioned before that I used to be a Skincare Consultant and it's something that has always interested me. I love trying new cleansers, I own quite a few which I use on rotation, and I make sure to exfoliate twice a week and usually apply some form of treatment mask afterwards.

My evening routine is rather long but the basis is just cleanse, tone and moisturise. I usually save the rest - exfoliating, mask, facial oil, eye cream etc. for the weekend when I have a bit more time. 
I received the Taaj micellar water in the latest Joliebox and I haven't stopped using it. It's such an easy way to quickly remove makeup (I mainly use this around my eyes) without any stinging or irritation. It also dissolves makeup rather than spreading it around, so I don't need as many cotton pads.
I've been using Liz Earle products for over a year now and I love them, there's not really any reason to change. The Hot Cloth Cleanser is a great way of easily removing the makeup that the Micellar water hasn't taken off. As I use the muslin cloth which comes with it, this also exfoliates my skin slightly, which means it looks brighter. 
These two steps are my cleansing steps in the evening to remove makeup. When I have time I'll follow this up using a gentle exfoliator like this No.7 one which I've really been enjoying. The small beads aren't too abrasive so don't irritate, but gently buff skin to remove dead skin cells and leave it looking clearer and brighter.
Once skin has been buffed, this is the perfect time to slap on a treatment mask because you're left with the top, healthy layer of skin which means the mask will work to it's full potential. I always exfoliate before I use a mask as I find the results are a lot better. I'm really enjoying this Brightening Treatment Mask from Liz Earle, although I do need something that's a bit powerful! I usually prefer a clay mask, or a mask that sets for best results but this Brightening Mask has left my skin looking healthy and more radiant so I am a fan.

The next step is toning; I do this most nights and mornings as it's a simple step which aims to get any last traces of makeup/dirt/cleanser as well as freshening the skin and preparing it for moisturiser. In the evening I like to use this Liz Earle Skin Tonic, it's very gentle and leaves my skin feeling so fresh and clean! I apply this with a cotton pad and make sure I've removed every trace of makeup. 

After toning and waiting a minute for it to dry, I usually apply the Sanctuary Facial Oil to give my skin a boost. Even though my skin is slightly on the oily side, I do find this gives my skin a little something extra without breaking me out at all. I apply this before my moisturiser but this is a great product as it has so many uses (my personal favourite being using it under a heating mask for maximum affect!). 
My moisturiser of choice is usually Biotherm Skin-Ergetic Day Cream, this is meant for dry skin which isn't really me but I do really like the way it absorbs into my skin so well, and leaves my skin looking so radiant. I also like Liz Earles Normal/Combination moisturiser but my boyfriend has this at the moment.
I don't feel the need to use night cream as it can be a bit heavy on my skin, and although I have purchased and tried it before, I always come back to these two moisturisers which I prefer.
For my eyes (which are always poorly, very red and sensitive) I like to use the Liz Earle Soothing Eye Lotion. I just have the travel size as I'm quite a loyal customer so they usually give these away when you buy a few things. I might repurchase this as it's really gentle, cooling and soothing. My eyes are always very sore so this helps a lot. After wards I apply Cliniques All About Eyes Rich as the area under eyes is the thinnest bit of skin, so can get very dry and irritated. This is really one of the only eye creams I've tried but I love it, again it's very gentle and soothing.

My morning routine is much quicker, and consists of three products (although sometimes I skip toner because it adds on a few minutes and this is time I'd rather spend in bed). I tried the Elemis Tri-Enzyme Facial Wash in a sample size a few years ago but always really loved it. It's very creamy and lathers up nicely, and leaves my skin so soft. I'm so glad I purchased this again as it's a really lovely cleanser, I use this in the shower mainly as it's quick and I know my skin will feel fresh and clean ready for the day ahead.
I follow this (sometimes) with the Elemis Apricot Soothing toner. I like to use this in the morning because my skin can be slightly red from cleansing and I think this helps to soothe and cool. I got these two Elemis products in a duo set for around £25 which is an absolute bargain as they're both big sizes and will last a while.

Lastly, I use the Biotherm moisturiser again and leave to dry before applying makeup.

My skincare routine is likely to change very soon, I find my skin gets used to products after a couple of months and they don't have the same affect.
Are there any skincare products you would recommend? 

21 comments:

  1. wow i enjoyed reading this post a lot. I too try to rotate my skincare regimen as i do notice that when my skin is already familiar with my regimen, the products dont deliver as effectively anymore. right now im love kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate. i would need to find a new eye cream though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to find out how people take care of their skin. I'm a skincare junkie. I own a lot of skincare products. I love Liz Earle Hot Cloth cleanser but it's breaks me out, so I normally use it around on my eyes as it's really gentle and it's removes the mascara. I wanted to try out BIOTHERM Skin-Ergetic for a while now. I never seen anyone mention it. Great skin care, I normally spend lots of time at night to take care of my skin, no matter how tired I am. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Liz Earle skin tonic is amazing, smells gorgeous too! Really want to try the brightening mask :) x

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I love Liz Earle so so much, the products just leave my skin looking so clear and radiant, I won't be changing them anytime soon, thats for sure.

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great post! Skincare is something that I have only really started to take notice of in the last year or so, so I love seeing what other people are using!

    Clinique's All About Eyes is pretty amazing, right? I use the basic one, but go for their rich one when it is all about my whole face and I'm using Moisture Surge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try out the Liz Earle cleanse and polish, I've heard so many amazing reviews but none tell me what it would be like or oily/acne prone skin...

    I love the Clinique All About Eyes Rich eye cream too, so lovely and cooling :)

    Anyway great post I enjoyed reading it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz Earle and Clinique are both really good. I started using them a while ago and my skin has been so good since
    xxx
    Charlotte Couture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of products! I really need to get into a proper routine, at the moment I just take my make up off and moisturise. I'm looking into Clinique.

    scousebrows x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use the sanctuary facial oil too, my skin is really oil but I find it keeps my skin in check and I'm less spotty since then.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥ CLINIQUE All About Eyes Rich

    ReplyDelete
  11. i prefer the no7 version of the cleanse and polish better!
    please check out my blog xo

    http://charlmorgan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ive run out of my liz earle cleanse and polish need to buy more! but i always use the toner from them :) I havent tried biotherm but might give it a go! my best addition to my skincare regime has been the clarisonic - im in love! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. Can I ask what you use for an spf? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the look of the sanctuary face oil...I may have to try this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sanctuary facial oil sounds nice, I really enjoy their products. I have oily skin though and I am always very wary of what I put on my face :/ I wouldn't want to waste the money.

    Devon xx
    www.eightforawish.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post was really helpful thank you :) I've been dying to try the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser for a while now xx

    http://alicesstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tried a few pieces form the No. 7 Beautiful Skin range and at the moment i love their hot cloth cleanser. My skins more normal/oily so i thought it would be a bit too moisturising for me but it wasn't at all and left my skin feeling really refreshed :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. On my own opinion, I think that your current skincare products routine are truly great. I really like to have my own skincare product routine at home. I know that it would truly make my skin beautiful and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really recommend the Sanctuary Cleanse and Polish, as not only is it cheaper than Liz Earle, but it is also better on my skin. I guess everybody has different skin though so every prefers different products, but I do highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love a good skin care post! Trying to find a skin care routine that suits me at the moment because I seem to have started breaking out again, think I'm gonna give Liz Earle products a twirl! x


    eyesorlips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm trying to find a make up remover that works well and that I don't need to use about 10 cotton pads! Also I need one that takes off really stubborn mascara cause every time I rub my eyes I just imagine how many wrinkles I'm creating!!

    ReplyDelete