Wednesday 4 January 2012

Review: Moroccanoil Travel Kit.







There's been a lot of hype over Moroccanoil recently, the hair oil made from an argan oil formula. I've tried a fair few different hair oils over the last few months, mainly samples in various beauty boxes, but Moroccanoil was always top of my list of products to try. 

I literally squealed when I was sent this travel kit to review, I just love to see if a popular product lives up to the hype. It contains a 25ml sized bottle of the original hair oil treatment (which retails for £12.85), a 10ml sample of the oil, a 70ml Moisture Repair shampoo, 70ml Moisture Repair conditioner and a 75ml Intense Hydrating Mask.
This is such an ideal kit if you're thinking about trying any of the Moroccanoil products, it means you can give each product a try before you indulge in a full sized product.

The hair oil treatment is probably the most known product in the range. The idea is to apply it to damp hair, working through the ends before drying and styling. You can also apply it to dry hair to help with frizz and to protect hair. This is the product I've got most use from; it smells incredible - a subtle, natural sweet smell that lingers. It makes my hair so soft, I could feel a difference from first use. Although I got a 10ml size and a 25ml size, I've actually not touched the 25ml yet! Although it's only a small sample size, I've only used a small amount of the oil so it's definitely excellent value for money.

The shampoo and conditioner samples are great for travelling with (and we all know I spend most of my life travelling!), they're ideal sizes and keep hair in such great condition. My hair has never looked better after using these. I use them every second wash, alternating with another brand, as they do make my hair so so soft, it's really hard to manage (ie sits flat). I think if your hair is in bad condition, ie you use a lot of heat and/or bleach your hair, these would be ideal for you. 

Finally, the Intense Hydrating Mask was another product I couldn't wait to try. I use this once a week to keep the ends of my hair in good condition and to make up for the heat damage I put it through.
As with all the Moroccanoil products, it smells gorgeous and leaves my hair incredibly nourished and soft. 


I absolutely love the Moroccanoil products, my favourites being the hair oil treatment and the Intense Hydrating mask. I think this travel kit is definitely worth the money, as you get to try generous sized products and find out which ones you'll get the most use out of. I was given a full sized Moroccanoil Oil Treatment for Christmas, and I know I'll get a lot of use from it. I think I'll also be purchasing the Hair Mask at some point!

Have you tried any of the products from the Moroccanoil range?

22 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I was lucky enough to be bought this kit for Christmas -

    http://www.feelunique.com/p/Macadamia-Travel-Set-2011

    I have not tried it yet but I know there has been a lot of hype about Macadamia and also Morroccan oil too. Will keep you posted how I get on with it. Loving your blog!

    I am new to all of this.

    Happy new year!

    Best wishes

    Claire

    xx

    Pinkchickclaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a 25ml sample of the moroccanoil treatment and I love it! Definitely think I'll be purchasing once my little bottles gone!

    Chloe
    http://chloeleephoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, I'm sold. I'm ordering this tonight. And I'm bloody excited about it. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been debating about buying some of this cause my hairs in such bad condition! You've sold it to me, thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and its lovely, such a good read i hate just pictures. I bought my mum this but haven't heard anything from her.. I'm thinking of investing so good to know your thoughts :)

    http://daisygabriella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely amazing! I'm a total oil convert, and I really want to try the shampoos too at some point - maybe in the latter half of this year where I'm moving somewhere where my hair might have to deal with a bit of sun damage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moroccanoil is literally my holy grail hair product! I know its expensive but the 100ml bottle lasted me over a year even though I used it every time I washed my hair and my hair is long and very thick. Maybe I will have to try the mask now, great post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the macademia oil range, it smells dellish, they all do the same thing I suppose but yeh I'm so faithful to the macademia I dont know if I could use another!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try this so much, this is a good price to try out the range!
    Carissa xx
    http://vanillacrush1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great - I really want to try a few Moroccan Oil products and this looks ideal! Great review xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never tried them but I think this kit would be a good start I may ask it for my birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh i'm so glad you've done a review on this! I've been wanting it for ages and have heard such great reviews.


    lovehannahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want this so much more after reading this! Such great products. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried the Oil, wich is hyped in germany as well. I love it, i got a 25ml bottle for christmas and Iḿ really happy, because itś such a good product. My his is obre, so my leghth are really stressed, but the oil makes them soft and nice :)

    xoxo Lary
    www.lary-tales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need this in my life after reading this. Even more than I did orignally! It really does seems like a wonder product!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've heard of moroccan oil but never read a proper review on any of their products so this post is great! i think it has definitely convinced me that i need to try them out as they seem great for the type of hair i have. i feel that this travel kit is what i need to start with and see how they go from there :) so thanks for this post kate! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've wanted to try Moraccan Oil since foreverrr! I've read so many times that it's really good for your hair...although I don't like the sound of flat hair! I think I'd try the intesive mask. Great review, this travel kit is such good value x

    justa-thought.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow ive tried and loved argan oil for my hair and to try a complete range must be life changing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeeeek this is so good! I need some in my life
    Xxx

    www.inordinatelyplush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read this and decided to buy the 25ml bottle of the oil and OMG, I LOVE THIS STUFF!
    My hair has never felt so amazing, so thank you for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore the Moroccan oil range! It's perfect the conditioner is so so lovely! I have yet to try the oil as I'm quiet loyal to my Macadamia oil! x

    Jazz xo

    JazzREallyLoves..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't tried this yet but definitely going to order the oil....RIGHT NOW! Thanks as ever for your fantastic reviews x

    ReplyDelete