Sunday 24 July 2011

Current Favourite Hair Products.


I've mentioned before that I don't really do a lot to my hair, it's usually quite messy. I never even used to use conditioner! It's quite fine and soft but thick, if that makes sense. I wash it every day and then blow dry it and use straightening irons (though not on all of it). Bad.
Recently, I've rediscovered my John Frieda Frizz Eaze Serum which is an absolute miracle product. I've had this bottle for years, since it first came out I guess. Anyway, I've only recently started using it properly and my hair really loves it. Blow drying my hair makes it quite frizzy so this keeps it in place and makes it so soft, oh so soft.

I was given this L'Oreal Professional product Pli recently to give a bit of texture to my hair. My hair goes flat quite quickly after backcombing and styling so since I've introduced this it makes it easier to style (because its so soft and fine). I spray it through towel dried hair and then use my hairdryer to activate. It really does give it a nice thick texture without being crispy. I'd love to try more products from this range! 

I recently bought the new VO5 Give me Texture powder, I've used the Osis one for years but its quite expensive and I didn't like how yuck it made my hair. This variation is great, I find that it doesn't make my hair as sticky and horrible as the Osis and it's so much cheaper. I'd definitely recommend this! I just apply it to my roots, you only need a small bit or it looks a bit grey in dark hair. Then massage in and you have big hair. Done. 

You will recognise this Caviar Anti-Ageing Hair spray from the first ever Glossybox! I absolutely love this product, if a perfume came out with this scent I would absolutely buy it. I broke the bottom by dropping it so it has tape around it. I don't use it all time, but its nice to give a lovely gloss to your hair as well as apparently protecting it from age. Yay for caviar.

Lastly, a product that I've been using for years and another one from John Frieda. Its the Blow Dry Lotion which is applied to the roots of damp hair before blowdrying to give texture and volume. Another one I really recommend, I've repurchased this once I think as it lasts so long. I prefer this to the mousse as you don't really feel it in your hair. 

What are your favourite hair products? 

10 comments:

  1. I use the blow dry lotion too and I love it! I normally only use it for night outs though because it leaves build up on my hair if I use it all the time :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the perfect post for me! i've been looking desperately for products to give my hair more volume, i'm going to give a couple of these a go :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do much to my hair either, to be honest! I just wash and condition with Tres Emme heat protect and use my Front Row heat protect spray before I set my straighteners on it.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Alterna stuff half to death! But I also like Herbal Essences Leave In Split End Protection Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I have the John Frieda Frizz Eaze Serum too and I dont think I have ever used it, oops, I will now though. Your hair always looks amazing :-)

    I love the CHI Silk Infusion, it makes my hair really soft

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont know how to handle my long hair so i dont really do much do my hair either except blowdry it after shower.
    I'd like to try the john frieda lotion. it sounds amazing

    The Fashion Cycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try that VO5 powder, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely post :) Frizz Ease is like my life in a bottle i use it everyday it is such a life saver :) I really want to try that VO5 instant oomph powder can you remember how much it costs? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the VO5 product, I could do with some more texture in my hair, and I've heard good things about this.
    Frizz Ease is brilliant, I have straight hair, but it can go sooo frizzy, this helps a lot! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definately going to give the John Freida product a go xx

    http://princesspancake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete